In the current era where you have to be constantly in the limelight to keep selling records, same doesn’t apply for Kendrick Lamar who’s absent from the scene for a while now regardless his music is still popular among music lovers.
Compton emcee’s major label debut album which then failed to debut at #1 on Billboard has shown it’s longevity as last year it completed 500 weeks on the billboard charts,which is still a record for (non-compilation) rap album . On Billboard’s latest issue of Top 10 selling vinyl of 2020 ,Good Kid was a strong seller on vinyl throughout 2020, as it finished the year as the No. 10 biggest-selling vinyl release (117,000 sold) and the top-selling rap album of the year on vinyl. In total, since its release, Good Kid has sold 1.98 million copies on CD, vinyl LP and digital download, with 341,000 of that sum on vinyl. Check out full list below:
TOP 10 SELLING VINYL ALBUMS OF 2020 IN U.S. (via)
1. Harry Styles, Fine Line (232,000)
2. Billie Eilish, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (196,000)
3. Queen, Greatest Hits (176,000)
4. The Beatles, Abbey Road (161,000)
5. Soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy, Awesome Mix, Vol. 1 (152,000)
6. Bob Marley and The Wailers, Legend: The Best Of… (148,000)
7. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours (138,000)
8. Billie Eilish, Dont Smile at Me (126,000)
9. Michael Jackson, Thriller (125,000)
10. Kendrick Lamar, Good Kid, M.A.A.D City (117,000)
This week due to huge vinyl sales ,Good Kid maad city has jumped 14 places up at Billboard’s Top Album sales charts at #9.